Motherboard and graphics card recommendations for building a…

Author: Adam Mercer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Motherboard and graphics card recommendations for building a Linux Box
Hi

I planning on building a new machine fairly soon, I want the box to
primarily run Linux and I'd like to make sure that I can use as few
binary drivers as possible. Any recommendations for motherboards
etc...

I last built a PC probably about 20 years ago and finding a board and
graphics card that supported Linux well was challenging (in fact I
needed to patch the kernel to support my graphics card ), hopefully
things are better these days.

Not sure of the OS I'd be using yet, contenders are currently Ubuntu,
or Manjaro... depends on how adventurous I want to be.

Cheers

Adam