Re: OT : Screen Recording and Editing Software

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT : Screen Recording and Editing Software

On 2019-02-07 16:56, Michael Butash wrote:
> I second simplescreenrecorder, I used for recording some sessions and
> it worked great for me.  Probably a windoze port of it by now, or a
> crafty way to run it still if you can't find a better option that
> doesn't cost a grip windows tends to.  That gives you video you can
> edit and insert in whatever else at least.

simplescreenrecorder is marked unstable in Gentoo, but it compiled and
ran for me. It won't record anything if you select "window" and part of
the window you selected is off the screen--this is not obvious. When
you select a window that's entirely on-screen, it appears to work fine,
though I didn't try plugging in a microphone and adding audio. Guess
I'll try that later and see how it works.

Whatever you do, don't waste your time with Kazam, it's unmaintained
and buggy.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity