Re: Plug

Author: PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Plug
mystery solved!
The source of all your maladies! -> NTFS

Highly simplified explanation:
When rsync runs, it issues a bunch of commands against the filesystem that
NTFS will be unable to honor.
That's where your errors are coming from.
Also, depending on how your 'automount' (/etc/fstab) is configured, you will
have rights (or not) to write to that filesystem.
Pls show me the output of:
cat /etc/fstab;ls -lnd ~ # Cut'n paste!
ET

PS: *WHY* in the *WORLD* are you using NTFS?
Uhg... :(