Re: resolv.conf problem

+ (text/html)
Author: Andrew McRobb
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: resolv.conf problem
ping command won't mean anything sometimes. Some servers can have those
ping protocols blocked for security/performance reasons. After running a
quick netcat command to the port 143, I get data responded. Are you sure
you configured Thunderbird correctly?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-thunderbird

Not sure, but 993 seems like it time out. At that point it maybe a them
problem. -- Wouldn't hurt to call and ask.