Re: CentOS 6/7

Author: Ed
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: CentOS 6/7
On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 12:40 PM Snyder, Alexander J
<> wrote:

> Why did things have to change so dramatically between CentOS 6 and 7?

because VMS from DEC has faded from current memory

> Does anyone know why networking devices aren't eth0/1/2/3 but are now ens0f0/enp0d0.

because interface names are now deterministic, sort of. Before with
multiple NICs it was a race to see which became eth0, eth1 etc

> Also getting into single user mode now is (IMHO) unnecessarily complicated (typing 'single' versus now 'init=/sysroot/bin/bash').

sorry about that

> Im not sure what to even Google to get the explanation im seeking, so I thought I'd ask the brain trust!

Look to the Freedesktop.org section - and read the systemd for
Administrators Blog Series at 0pointer.de