Re: HP ENVY Photo 7855

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: HP ENVY Photo 7855
On 2018-10-25 19:28, Michael wrote:
> It didn't work. Whether I selected USB or NEY I got the same response:
> error: No device selected/specified or that supports this
> functionality.
>   $ hp-setup -i 192.168.0.5 <- found in the printer settings
> HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.16.3)

[massive snip]

The manufacturer's website at
https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/supported_devices/
says you need to have at least 3.17.9 of hplip to have everything
supported on an HP Envy Photo 7855. The older version you have
installed apparently doesn't do scanning, but it can print. So it's
time to upgrade your hplip. There's got to be something more recent;
that's kind of an older version AFAICT and I don't have ebuilds for
anything older than 3.18.6 here. Hey, at least you don't need the
proprietary hplip-plugin package!

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity