Re: To swap or not to swap ;-) (was RE: To lvm or not to lvm…

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: To swap or not to swap ;-) (was RE: To lvm or not to lvm)
I have found some applications use sawp with direct calls.

"A significant number of the pages referenced by a process early in its
life may only be used for initialisation and then never used again. It is
better to swap out those pages and create more disk buffers than leave them
resident and unused."