Re: VPN on virtual machine

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: PLUG Phoenix List
Subject: Re: VPN on virtual machine
How are you configuring the openvpn connection? Using PIA vpn, they give
you an openvpn file to connect with, or at least did last I set it up, and
otherwise should just need the package dependencies installed with openvpn.

I'd say launch openvpn via the cli in debug to see what errors it's giving
with the ovpn file.

Bridge or nat should be irrelevant, I've run mine both ways. You should
only need ports 1194 out to your VPN provider, you don't need to port
forward one back, and actually recommend you do NOT unless you're wanting
an openvpn server yourself to connect back to. Mine works fine out via NAT.

-mb