Re: How to disable UEFI ??

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian Cluff
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How to disable UEFI ??
Same here.  I find UEFI to be superior to BIOS, but secure boot, can be
problematic, but mostly because of who has to sign the boot loaders.

Most people that I have run into actually just have a beef with not
having the familiar MBR style of booting, but that just comes from a
lack of experience with proper UEFI boot experience, and not realizing
that the way UEFI boots things is completely different to the way BIOS
boots things... like not realizing that you are required to have a EFI
partition on your drive.  Most of the time that I've seen an unbootable
UEFI system is because the whole system was partitioned without that
necessary partition, so the system will be fully installed, just without
any way to be booted.

Once I wrapped my head around the way UEFI boots systems I found it to
be a much better system than the old MBR method that tends to only allow
the last system to load to actually boot... especially if that last
system is windows.

Brian Cluff