Re: Class action law suit, re SONY trying to "take back" the…

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Class action law suit, re SONY trying to "take back" the option to install Linux on [a "Fat"] Playstation 3

Yay, I get $9 dollars back.  How much
      are the lawyers getting?

      Yes, there was a point in the lawsuit, but in the end, it was
      still pointless, as always it is cheaper for Sony and like to
      break the law than let consumers have they were originally sold.

      How I got my stolen value back?  Loading up a modchip as soon as
      Sony enraged the community to finally crack their DRM and take
      back control of my hardware, loading linux, and loading a 2tb usb
      drive with downloaded games to play on it just because I could.  I
      was less interested in the games than the console hacking, I don't
      think I ever played more than a few games on it as a test and for
      warm fuzzies of sticking it to Sony.

      The final payback from a scorned community was the day the lv0
      private keys were extracted and uploaded to the internet,
      signaling the final unrecoverable death knell to the platform for
      Sony and their game publishers, thus the sudden rush to release
      the ps4 ahead of schedule.

      They can keep the $9, it was worth the entertainment watching that
      roller coaster ride alone them getting screwed over for just
      deserts.  Sony really should figure out how not to enrage their
      users doing stupid things like that.

      -mb