Re: Cox Business Internet

Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Cox Business Internet
Residential and Business *are* the same infrastructure when it comes to
Cox HFC. The only thing that differentiates a business customer from
residential is the boot file pushed to the modem at boot, the speed set
up/down, and ip/port access list allowed through. Of course your bill
too, nice little racket they have going to sell perceived value as
*business* service is somehow really better...

I wouldn't plan on google coming to you unless you're moving to some
swank new subburb of ticky tacky little boxes, but cox can provide
enough bandwidth over hfc you shouldn't care. Thus why they reclaimed
more of their OTA (over coax rather) spectrum of free/unencrypted
channels so they can resell it for data services bonding up to 32
channels @ ~42mbit ea or 1.4gbit max.

Best thing about fiber is that glass (in theory) is less prone to
dysfunction than copper @ 140 degree surface ground temps. Less having
to have the provider re-terminate your copper every few years here...

-mb