Re: Cox Business Internet

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Cox Business Internet

At one point I fought with Cox, asking
      how to get a secondary IP address on Residential, as they used to
      do this for another 5-10 a month.  Surprisingly (or not), no one
      could tell me.  Most of the people could barely spell IP let alone
      know what they were, but finally after the 4th call I got to an
      engineer that had a clue, telling me that purchasing their
      "ultimate" residential plan
would allow for up to three IP
      addresses.

      When I'm paying for their 50mb plan, and more than suitable for my
      needs, I didn't see the point in paying double for double the
      bandwidth I don't even use today, just for more addresses.  I
      ended up just being more creative with my port forwarding, where
      I'd have been happy to spend another $10/mo for another address
      for my second firewall.

      -mb