DVD episode titles

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: DVD episode titles
moin moin,

I'm ripping some of my DVDs for use with my portable devices and episode
titles aren't available.

The following gets me numbers for each of the episodes, but not titles. I
don't see episode titles in the output at all.

HandBrakeCLI -i /dev/dvd -t 0 2>&1 >/dev/null | grep "scan: title
[[:digit:]]" | sed -re 's/.*scan: title ([[:digit:]]+) .*/\1/'

${show}/${season}/{$track_number}_${episode_title}.${format} is the naming
scheme I would prefer to use. I would prefer to not have to type in every
episode title or search, then cut and paste.

If the episode titles aren't on the DVD is there a FreeDB type of thing
for DVDs?

I'm using handbrake. k3b does a scratch mix type of thing on the DVD :(.
Neither gets me episode titles.

Bluray isn't working at all. No biggie since all my bluray editions thus
far also came w/ DVD.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  A t-shirt a day keeps the noose away. - der.hans