Re: To Tux or not to Tux (VM's)

Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: To Tux or not to Tux (VM's)
I've not seen this issue with it, and I've had to have windoze enumerate
some pretty extensive directories of files being forced to work with
various data for a customer last year for several months, or even just
my music directory. It's not uncommon I'm editing files between windoze
in a conference with notepad++, then refresh the file in gedit/kate on
the linux side, edit some more there, and back to win. Both behave
great in things like this, which I thought might freak it out.

USB with xhci was a problem I do remember now under vbox/linux. If you
have usb3 devices, it might be a bit suspect, but using them on a 2.0
port works fine - something with the xhci devices just seem to suck as
they've always had issues under linux with their firmware.

-mb