Re: Domain Name / Hosting

Author: Keith Smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Domain Name / Hosting

I have a HostGator reseller account. Pricey for one site. They are
much improved over a couple years ago. Much better server balancing. I
have a friend that uses their basic hosting, and it seems to be ok.
They use cPanel and you can have access to root. Basic hosting allow
for multiple website. I think your other sites are in a subdirectory.

I used GD for years. Liked their webmail. It is the best I have seen.
The reason I left is once I started to use a mail client and wanted
imap, I had to move to their $10/mo hosting package. Unless GD has
changed they play little game with limiting mail box sizes... etc. I
understand they have moved to cPanel, so you can now do imap on the
cheaper pland, however they how limit the number of nodes (is it inode?)
to and use.

Keith