Re: rsync

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Havens
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: rsync
got it to backup. But still, please answer my question about the 'exclude'
option and how much I can compress it. I got it to backup by erasing the
.Trash folder. Why don't pendrives make the space available after you
delete a file?

rsync -auWq --progress --delete --compress-level=5 /home/bmike1/Documents
/media/bmike1/"USB DISK"/
rsync: rename "/media/bmike1/USB DISK/Documents/.forwardspamto    .elhlC4"
-> "Documents/forwardspamto    ": Invalid argument (22)
rsync: mkstemp "/media/bmike1/USB
DISK/Documents/Business/Receipts/lazycash/.index.html?a_aid=509c458b25b79.sGaqe4"
failed: Invalid argument (22)

rsync: mkstemp "/media/bmike1/USB
DISK/Documents/ComputerInstructions/.ForgotPassword?.xVeqCC" failed:
Invalid argument (22)
rsync: mkstemp "/media/bmike1/USB
DISK/Documents/Education/.Screenshot-LFS101x.2 Progress | edX - Google
Chrome.png.eyN1PK" failed: Invalid argument (22)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
(code 23) at main.c(1183) [sender=3.1.0]

--