Re: Microsoft has developed its own Linux. Repeat. Microsoft…

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: Re: Microsoft has developed its own Linux. Repeat. Microsoft has developedits own Linux • The Register
Subject: Re: Microsoft has developed its own Linux. Repeat. Microsoft has developed its own Linux • The Register

I agree to some extent, I have tried
      lucidcharts, and eventually plan to move to that, though I cannot
      do nearly as detailed work in network diagrams as I do in visio
      with lucid.

      I also have a 1.5yr old issue with lucid that their layer import
      methods are broken, which is a big issue for me.  I'm a big user
      of layers in visios for layering things, usually layer 1, 2, 3
      data, addressing, other logical data, etc with that, and it just
      sort of pukes them all out when importing any format of visio.  I
      didn't really try, but I expect their layers are just as broken
      exporting to visios as importing from.

      Sadly visio is almost a standard for it networking industry, and I
      begrudgingly always have to admit, it really is the *best* of it's
      kind at doing so for technical doc drawings.  I just usually say
      Microsoft didn't make/start it, they just acquired them, so it
      wasn't totally inept product from the go.  I do hate this ribbon
      thing having to use office 2013 lately on a customer instance, I
      feel like a mcdonalds cashier.

      -mb