RE: cox vs centurylink

Author: der.hans
To: Carruth, Rusty
CC: 'quatsch'
Subject: RE: cox vs centurylink
Am 17. Jul, 2015 schwätzte Carruth, Rusty so:

moin moin,

> Check out whoever now owns (or absorbed, or whatever) .. lets see, getnet? Speakeasy? Yeah, speakeasy. For many years I ran my mail server for descomp.com (on dialup!) with them. Then when I could finally get DSL with them (I moved) I switched to DSL - kept the mail server going the whole time. Could have run web also, never got around to it.

> Don't know where they are on price/performance curve any more. I had the 'sysadmin special' which meant they didn't expect to help me much. And they didn't need to. I think I called them maybe once a year for something, usually (IIRC) NOT related to service issues.

A friend used to be sysadmin over at speakeasy. She has lots of fun
stories from speakeasy. Didn't realize it's an option for us here. It's
now megapath.

Pricing is looking a bit high. Better service costs more, but I don't have
unlimited budget. I'll still see if I can work it out. If my friend were
still there it would be a no brainer because tech support was an irc chat
away :).

http://www.megapath.com/data/dsl/

http://www.megapath.com/promos/ethernet-dataplus/

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans