Re: Network bridge over bond?

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: cryptworks, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Network bridge over bond?

The 4500's with sup6+46xx modules and
      higher suck less, going to a 24gb backplane (2:1
      oversubscription), and I think with sup8 goes full line-rate
      (finally).  If you chew 8 ports to yourself on an asic boundary,
      you'll be ok.

      Most of the 4k sups should support l3 flow-hashing mechanisms,
      match up your server to distribute traffic as much as possible
      with flows too.  Session persistence == re-hashing of flows with a
      new src-port as a tuple to redistribute.

      Also, also add channels in ^2, ie. 2, 4, 8, 16, etc.  Look up
      geeky explanations why having to do with binary xor's and such why
      anything else is a problem.

      Learned this the hard way in school of hard knocks in large and/or
      growing service provider and enteriprise environments.

      -mb

      On 04/22/2015 09:48 PM,