Re: VirtualBox

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Stephen M, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: VirtualBox

Don't buy HP - been there, done that.
      Told "linux isn't relevant enough to fix a bios bug".  Stopped
      buying them.

      Sadly no, vendors (like hp) suck for linux at times and in
      general, might try some of the various grub flags for disabling
      acpi, if a desktop and not sleeping, you're not losing much except
      maybe some power management.  Dell is generally more friendly, but
      as I mentioned not always either.  Anything windoze 8.x-ish is
      just generally more unfriendly/quirky toward linux I find.

      Thank them when you pay your next microsoft tax on a prebuilt
      system.

      -mb