Re: Eclipse IDE issue

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Eclipse IDE issue
Once you have verified your path and permissions [no NFS], you would
address this as a a metadata issue:

Fix List (for all the various iterations of this issue):

1. In .metadata/, remove the .lock file
2. If 1 doesn't work, try end process javaw.exe etc. then rm .lock file
3. If 1 & 2 doesn't work, try remove the .log file in .metadata/, and
double check .plugin/.
4. This always worked for me: relocate .metadata/, open and close
eclipse, then overwrite .metadata back

The solution involves cleaning up the .metadata folder with correct
contents!

Reference:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#When_I_start_Eclipse_it_says_.22Workspace_in_use_or_cannot_be_created.2C_choose_a_different_one..22.2C_what_should_I_do.3F

Cheers!