Re: OT - Open Source Business Intelligence Software

Author: trent shipley
To: jjmacey, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT - Open Source Business Intelligence Software
Seven Databases in Seven Weeks: A Guide to Modern Databases and the
NoSQL Movement Paperback – May 21, 2012

by Eric Redmond (Author), Jim R. Wilson (Author)
28 customer reviews
ISBN-13: 978-1934356920 ISBN-10: 1934356921 Ed

Hadoop seems to be a fairly mature ecosystem. Hadoop jobs go begging
for "qualified" applicants. Which is to say the demand is there for
the qualified, but there are virtually no practitioners with any
experience to speak of. Many, probably most, of the massive NoSQL
databases are FOSS. That doesn't count super secret solutions at
Amazon, Google, Facebook, and the NSA.