Re: CentOS 7

+ (text/html)
Author: Kevin Fries
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: CentOS 7
Try starting your ntp manually:

     systemstl start ntpd

You may see an error message referring you to the journal. Startup scripts
in SystemD are not difficult, but are very different and can be a bit
intimidating until you realize they are no different that what you always
used but in a different order.

If it starts ok but not on boot, your enable command is not working right.
The enable command should create a symlink very similar to the old rc3.d=>
init.d link of old, only the locations are different. Then on startup, the
system should run that script doing an equivalent of systemctl start on it.

So, try to start it manually and see what happens.

Kevin
On Aug 13, 2014 4:30 PM, "Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr." <