CentOS 7

Author: Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr.
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: CentOS 7
I am playing with CentOS 7 and have been encountering some difficulties.
I was wondering if anyone else has attempted to use it or is having
problems?

<positive>
I was able to have the client machine join my Samba 4 windows domain and
am able to authenticate to it. Yea!

<negatives>
I cannot get ntp to start at statup. I am always having to manually
start it. I have run "systemctl enable ntpd.service" which I understand
is the correct command for systemd to have an application start on boot
(it was "chkconfig ntpd on" utilizing previous versions).
There is the problem of applications... I cannot find a rdp client on
the distro or epel. I found rdesktop on a repository that I have never
used before and don't know if I trust.

I am thinking about trying Linux Mint (http://www.linuxmint.com/) or
kubuntu (http://www.kubuntu.org/). I am trying to see if I can operate
at my office without Windows. I am very comfortable with CentOS versions
prior to 7 am trying to stay with CentOS because all of my servers are
based on one version of CentOS or another. I did not like CentOS 6 as a
desktop and that is why I was trying 7. Debian based distros have always
been intimidating since I am used to the package management, service
calls, and locations of files in CentOS.

Gilbert