Re: USB writes

+ (text/html)
Author: George Toft
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: USB writes
Back in 2005-2006, I made a few firewalls using 1GB SD cards. They all
lasted 4 years running smoothwall with continuous logging.

If you want to make it last longer, put /var/log and /tmp in RAM using
tmpfs, then periodically (once/day), make backups of the tmpfs and store
it on the SD card. I then altered init to create the tmpfs, copy the
files from SD card to tmpfs. It worked fine until init was updated by
yum. Oops :)

Regards,

George Toft