SSD is dying- clone help

Author: Wayne Davis
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: SSD is dying- clone help
OH NOES!

My SSD boot drive is about to die.... I can feel a disturbance in the
force.
I JUST ordered (Sun evening) a new 128GB SSD to replace my ailing 64 GB
Boot drive.
IT WILL BE HERE MONDAY (tomorrow) and I think I need to do this asap.
It has Kubuntu 13.04

I HAVE a 500 GB external I could create a image file on...
OR I could create the image on another drive in the system (they are big)

HOW should I do this?

IDEALLY, I'd like to: Make the IMAGE, put it on the new drive, and
swap them out and have happy feet.8-)
However, with me... It's far more likely I will slave for hours,
transfer garbage, lose everything, and have my feet nailed to the
floor. :'(

Is there a fairly easy way?

Thanks All... :-)