Re: OT: what are these

Author: Derek Trotter
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: what are these
I found a post in alt.binaries.teevee that was listes as being 400MB in
size with the subject Axdubnljfei.par2. I ended up with
Axdubnljfei.mp4 which was a little less than 400MB and turned out to be
an episode of Falling skies which was recorded from TNT. So it does
seem these posts are an attempt to thwart the MPAA, RIAA, etc. It seems
this approach forces them to download the file and open it if they want
to know what it is.

I guess my next goal is to find out where I have to go in order to find
a list of what these files are before I download them. I'll worry about
it later.

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore