Re: ubuntu vbox guest on mac

+ (text/html)
Author: Nathan England
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ubuntu vbox guest on mac

What I have done, both in real installations and virtual machines is I make my
/tmp and /var/tmp folders tmpfs. I have found, at least with KDE, the need to
create and read/write hundreds of small files will slow down a system with
poor iops.

I have lately taken to running installations off the SDHC drive on my laptop
and all is well and pretty fast, if I'm using a tmpfs /tmp and /var/tmp.

Try that in your VM, and like Lisa said, if possible, give it more ram.

Nathan