Re: CentOS Install Question

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: CentOS Install Question
From: "der.hans"

http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2011/centos-6-netinstall-network-installation/
>> But, it never gets to step 3.19. It seems to just install a very small
>> basic package. Any ideas?
>
> It skips customize package selection and goes straight to starting the
> installation? If so, you end up with an installed system?
>
> If you have an installed system you can just start installing packages as
> you'd like.

[snippage]

Or the installer appears to freeze up after installing the bootloader (a small
basic package), and never displays the "select packages to install" screen.
If this happens, you might find some useful info in the consoles--there are
almost always several started on other ttys. Try Ctrl-Alt-F1..F6 after the
bootloader's finished installing. Ctrl-Alt-F7 to get back to the GUI
installer (probably). If you see a bunch of messages about disk errors on
sda, then it probably had a problem writing to the slack space between the MBR
and the first partition while installing GRUB, which is never fun.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress/