Re: ssh -Y question

+ (text/html)
Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ssh -Y question
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:25 PM, der.hans <> wrote:

> Am 16. Oct, 2012 schwätzte Dazed_75 so:
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM, der.hans <> wrote:
>>
>> Am 16. Oct, 2012 schwätzte Dazed_75 so:
>>>

>>> I used to regularly do ssh -X user@machine or ssh -Y user@machine so I

>>> Do you get something like localhost:10.0?
>>>
>>> ciao,
>>>
>>> der.hans
>>>

>> Yes, both on the machine that works (sunfish) and the one that does not
>> (fogtest).
>>

> OK, we might have to debug the gconf stuff :).
>
> Before that, try starting a non-GNOME app such as xterm or xeyes.

Aaah, both work on both machines. Not sure what to do from there.

> Last login: Mon Oct 15 16:37:44 2012 from sunfish.thiel.org

> ls -ld /tmp/dbus-*
>
> Wonder if it's trying to use the wrong socket. There might be a stale
> socket since you're running headless, but boot should fix that by cleaning
> out /tmp. Does fogtest get shutdown or do you hibernate it?
>
> The obvious solution is you need to start using vim :).
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
>
> ^C

>>> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.LuftHans.com/****Classes/<http://www.LuftHans.com/**Classes/>
>>> <http://www.LuftHans.**com/Classes/ <http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/>>

>>> #  "Human kind cannot bear very much reality."
>>> #    -- T.S. Eliot, "Four Quartets: Burnt Norton"

> --
> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.LuftHans.com/**Classes/<http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/>
> #  When in doubt, choose the interesting. -- der.hans

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before sending a Forwarded
message. This can prevent spy programs capturing addresses from the
recipient list and message body.