Re: tablet for SCaLE trip?

Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: tablet for SCaLE trip?
Found this bit looking around for who pays this tax myself:

"Free Android is still available from Sony, Motorola, ASUS, Dell, Acer,
Cisco, Archos, Toshiba, Sharp, and many more."

Good to know Asus is still free - I rather like their hardware. Happens
to be refurbs for the original transformer for $300 today if interested.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1404521

The TF Prime is bootloader locked, but they're vowing to open it. I'm
holding out for the 1080p version of it.

I'll endorse the gtablet as I got one from woot a while back, runs
honeycomb nicely, just app support for it still kinda blows. I ran
cyanogen for a bit, and most various builds at one time, so it's very
hackable (ics on the way). I was sad to see your comment they pay the
m$ tax.

-mb