Re: How to rotate videos (and retain quality)?

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to rotate videos (and retain quality)?
It appears that you are trying to rotate audio from your example... Most
people take LSD for that :)

mencoder defaults to a rather low bitrate, so you get nice small,
grainly videos.

I believe that you need to explore the -lavcopts vbitrate=<some number>
option.

Something like:
mencoder -ovc lavc -vf rotate=1 -lavcopts vbitrate=1500 -oac
video_in.mpg -o video_out.mpg

The default vbitrate is 800, so play with that number until you get a
good balance of quality and video size. That number should also change
depending on the image size of the video... smaller videos can use
smaller bitrates. If you are doing HD video, you might need much bigger
than the 1500 I put in my example.

Brian Cluff