Re: Need a mail app for LARGE volumes of mail...

Author: Jim March
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Need a mail app for LARGE volumes of mail...
Guys,

Having all my GMail data backed up at home is a no-go. I need access
to this stuff while on the road. I never know when I'm going to have
to prove a given election official is a lying sack of
something-or-other. Doing so next week doesn't cut it, period.

I need an EMail client that will suck down my GMail data in one big
overnight gulp, that I can take with me on the lappy. It's that
simple.

Evolution seems to be able to deal with bigger data volumes than
Thunderbird. I don't know yet if it'll pause every "x" messages
downloaded....guess I'll have to try it and find out.

Jim