Re: OT: Self Employed Health Insurance Costs and Coverage

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Self Employed Health Insurance Costs and Coverage
Am 28. Aug, 2010 schwätzte Bryan O'Neal so:

> If you are in the self employed for the long hall you may want to join a
> small business group policy. Basically the policy managers take a chunk off
> the top but present a group of several thousand to the insurance company so
> they get a corporate like deal. Typically it works out to be cheaper but the
> last time I looked into it they all wanted a 2 year contract.

Are there any that provide a true group coverage where the risk is spread
against all the members of the group? I'd prefer to be on a group plan
rather than with an individual plan.

I think one place I looked at had a true group plan. It was a business
services company that would handle accounting, retirement plans, payroll,
etc. for a small business or consultant. The company requires pulling in a
decent amount of consulting in order to participate, so was beyond what
worked for me at the time.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes        http://www.TwoGeekTechs.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.