Re: OT (slightly): SSL Requirement

Author: R P Herrold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT (slightly): SSL Requirement
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Shawn Badger wrote:

> Also, some SSL providers allow for wild card certs as well, *.domain.com,
> that may also work for you, but they are expensive from what I heard.

less that $200 per year from almost any 'in the chain' CA --
dunno if that is considered high or low. If you NEED a lot of
secured content traversal, it would seen that one can amortize
that pretty quickly. If you simply want to hand out certs to
lots of friends boxes, all mashed into a communal domain,
perhaps not

-- Russ herrold