Runaway VirtualBox keyboard?

Author: kitepilot@kitepilot.com
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Runaway VirtualBox keyboard?
Good morning Universe...

I have now Virtual Box (virtualbox-ose) installed on my Kubuntu 10.04 box,
but this issue has cropped up in previous box/VBox instances.
Most times (if not always), my Virtual Box OS matches my bare-metal OS.

This is what happens:
I type in the keyboard and the virtual machine hangs.

Overtime, somehow, I discovered that the virtual box is apparently receiving
a FLOOD of keys from the keyboard.
This happens mostly when (imagine that) I hold down a particular key (like
an arrow), but it has happened on just any key.

Sometimes, I don't even have to hold it...
I was just typing:
ls -la

And I am getting in my shell:
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssss         -------------
Get the drift?

If I have the virtual machine acting full screen, I can't even reach the
virtual box with the keyboard.

In fact, I gave up running full-screen :( so I can access the metal when
this happens and ssh into the virtual for forensics.

Then the last evolution:
I ssh(ed) into the virtual box as it looked hung and finally caved in and
did "sudo reboot"

Surprise, surprise, the box rebooted, but the keyboard to the virtual
machine is still unresponsive...

What are bullets going for nowadays, last time I checked is was borderline
impossible to get ammo... :(
ET