Re: Killing PLUG softly

Author: Micah DesJardins
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Killing PLUG softly
I'm tired of the games. I'm tired of the posturing, I'm tired of the
egos. I can get tech discussion almost anywhere, and I have chosen in
the past to remain a part of plug because it is local, and I
appreciate and respect the opinions of many people on this list with
regard to LINUX and TECHNOLOGY. I've watched a lot of old timers fade
away nearly every time this sort of things happen, and each time, I've
stayed and done my best to contribute to keeping the discussion on
topic and relevant.

To be clear, I could care less about your political or religious
leanings, or your post apocalyptic economic conspiracy theories. I
made it clear how I felt and the group consensus seems to be there's
nothing that can be done besides filter or unsubscribe. In fact many
people aren't even bothered by the discussion and consider it to be
'interesting.' I'm not interested. I'm not upset or incensed. I'm
BORED. I can't see the use in filtering specific people, I find it's
a waste of my time and doubtless it will only reduce 10% of the list
traffic that I consider the originators of the "spam", as the other
90% is backlash and rehash by other members. I don't see any way to
get the leadership of PLUG to take notice other than to vote with my
feet. Alan, Hans, if the rules ever change, I'd love to come back.
It's a shame to see a few bad apples spoil the barrel. To those of
you who rock, I salute you. It's been a fun seven years and feel free
to look me up or pick my brain off list. I'll still be on plug-dev
unless things there go the same direction they have on plug-discuss.

So long, and thanks for all the fish