Re: Killing PLUG softly

+ (text/html)
Author: JD Austin
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Killing PLUG softly
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 14:55, Matt Iavarone <>wrote:

> So hatred towards a group of people is OK, but you draw the line at calling
> people out for it? Whatever.
>

> I never saw anyone demonstrate HATED towards anyone.

I did see a few people calling out La Raza as a militant anti American
group, complain about the negative impact that illegal immigration that
they've observed, and provide references to support their opinion and to
demonstrate how serious of an issue this is. If you're denying that illegal
immigration is a drain on this state and many other parts of the country
then you need to spend 5 minutes trying to see the whole picture. Please
point out where you saw hatred and don't confuse opinions you disagree with
with hatred.

The real problem is that Mexico is a corrupt evil place in many ways and
America *does nothing except keeping that way.* I am against ILLEGAL
immigration *and *I think the Mexican people are terrific. I have 5 god
children from two different families of 1st generation Mexican Americans and
I've been to a LOT of large family events where 3/4 of the family there are
here illegally. Illegal immigrants are treated like *modern day slaves* and
i*n my opinion anyone that supports illegal immigration is as disillusioned
and wrong as the people that supported slavery in the past.* The ones that
aren't treated like modern day slaves working normal jobs are working under
stolen identities and victims of their crime have to fight with the IRS
EVERY year to keep from paying taxes that aren't theirs *(it is NOT a
victimless crime)*. Others are in gangs, sell drugs, or steal things to
make money. I've had dinner with these people; they're not bad people. But
since they are here illegally it opens the door for other illegal activity
though coercion (if you don't do this I'll turn you/your parents/cousin/etc
into INS).

Mexican gangs are serious. Our best friends moved to Az to get away from
that culture because they wanted their three beautiful little girls to grow
up free of that influence. It took awhile for them to open up about it but
while they were in the Mexican gangs they committed murder, sold and did
drugs, and stole cars and other things because it was that or fall victim to
those same gangs. If you think I'm bullshitting you google "LA whitefence"
to learn about the gang they moved here to get away from. It's just one of
MANY gangs in LA.

So back to my point.. just because people are anti illegal immigration
doesn't mean they're racist or hate Mexicans or Mexico. You're obviously
pro-illegal immigration; why?

JD