Re: why does FF take up the entire desktop?

+ (text/html)
Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: why does FF take up the entire desktop?
You might also check to see if you are running maximus or some other addon
that is mostly intended for netbooks to maximize your use of screen real
estate. BTW, that is standard for distros like ubuntu NBR (UNR)

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Joshua Zeidner <> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whenever I maximize Firefox in Ubuntu, it takes up my whole desktop.
> Its really irritating because I have to press Alt-F9 to minimize it,
> as the window controls are gone (it super maximizes it, the header on
> the window is not visible nor is the other Gnome desktop controls).
> Any ideas on why this is happening? This is the Gnome environment.
>
> thanks, jmz

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson