OT: Re: Politics/Ethics: Operation PinWale - Obama Administr…

+ (text/html)
Author: Lyle Tuttle
To: dorian.monroe, Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: RE: Re: Politics/Ethics: Operation PinWale - ObamaAdministrationSeeks Emergency Control of the Internet
Subject: OT: Re: Politics/Ethics: Operation PinWale - Obama AdministrationSeeks Emergency Control of the Internet
At 08:49 AM 8/31/2009, you wrote:
>In defense of Ryan, the idea that only landowners should be allowed
>to vote is so absurd that many would consider that "racist". I took
>Ryan's reply to be merely mocking the ignorance (and racist
>undertone) that only landowners should be given the right to
>vote. Since we're pointing fingers and all...

I fail to see the "racist undertone" in that comment........ANYONE
can be a landowner in the USA -- one does not even have to be a
citizen to own land here.

The truth is, I own land and real estate in several states...and live
and am allowed to vote in only one of them (none of them are in the
Chicago area <G>). Yet my tax dollars support those other cities,
counties and states.....but I am not allowed to vote on any of the
things that determine my taxes there.......

So, should I be allowed to vote in each of those districts?

Or:

Should those who do not pay property taxes - non-landowners (stop and
think WHERE that tax money goes; what it is used for), be allowed to
vote on those very projects that use MY money?

Do "renters" pay school taxes, fire taxes, community college taxes, etc...??

It's a little more interesting when you write the checks to the
taxing authorities........and it becomes a pretty narrow line on who
should pay for, or use, or be taxed on some specific things......

Now back to my first line: ANYONE can own land here -- so, based on
my argument above, should we allow foreigners to vote because they
own land here?

lyle tuttle