Re: Geek/Tech/Entrepreneur Stuff to do in PHX

Author: keith smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Geek/Tech/Entrepreneur Stuff to do in PHX

I'm not saying that bringing water to AZ is bad or regulating its flow is necessarily bad.

What I am saying is our government is way too large and expecting them to solve your problems may not be reasonable.

So far you have pointed to employment issues and economic growth as issues the government is failing at.

I disagree. Economic growth is not a government issue, unless you are talking out growth being stifled by out of control government spending and over taxing us.

I worked in a place in the valley that was abusive. Everyone was up in arms. I suggested a walk out. No one was willing to take action. None of those people are at that place. They picked each one of us off one by one.

If a person is not willing to make the change than why would government do so?

What does government owe anyone? Don't look to the government, look inside yourself and make something happen.

One thing you fail to notice is places like Godaddy while not the best place to work helps people build skills. I know several people that worked for Godaddy that now are self employed.

There is a good side to Godaddy and 2wire.

Keith Smith