Re: Dual Monitors Ubuntu Jaunty

+ (text/html)
Author: Mike Hoy
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Dual Monitors Ubuntu Jaunty

> You could, theoretically use the system|preferences|display tool to set the
> screens to clone with a large (matching the larger screen) desktop and just
> disable the laptop screen when the external monitor is connected, that would
> allow you to fully utilize the larger screen, but you'd only have the one
> screen.

That about clears it up for me, thanks. If I understand you correct
mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf_backup

$ xrandr

shows the same info (1024x768)
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 768, maximum 1024 x 1536
VGA-0 connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
473mm x 296mm
   1024x768       75.0*    60.0
   800x600        75.0     60.3
   640x480        75.0     59.9
   720x400        70.1
LVDS connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x
0mm
   1024x768       60.0*+   60.0
   800x600        60.3     59.9
   640x480        59.9     59.4
S-video disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

And I did disable the laptop's screen, because there is no point in over
taxing the video card. Thanks for that, didn't realize I could do that.