OT: What does this symbol mean §

Author: Josef Lowder
To: Plug
Subject: OT: What does this symbol mean §
Can anyone tell me what this symbol means?

§

Perhaps it has multiple applications/meanings?

Is there some way to access this symbol from a standard 108 keyboard?
In Pagemaker, by experimenting, I discovered that CTRL+SHIFT+6
produces this symbol.

CTRL+Shift+O = © (copyright symbol)
CTRL+shift + 3 = page number
CTRL+SHIFT+6 = §
CTRL+SHIFT+7 = ¶ (paragraph symbol?)
CTRL+SHIFT+8 = • (a bullet point)

Are there other symbols that are commonly accessible from a standard
108 keyboard? Where can one find a table listing and describing such
symbols?

Google found this:
The symbol Unicode symbol U+2118 (℘) is the Weierstrass elliptic
function symbol.
It is notorious for being one of the most wrongly named Unicode
symbols. Unicode named it SCRIPT CAPITAL P and once a Unicode
character is named. Unicode has vowed that this name shall never be
changed in a future version of Unicode to avoid confusion within
tables and software that references tables. As the Unicode people say
in the Unicode Manual 5.0, 15 section 15.2:

“Despite its name U+2118 SCRIPT CAPITAL P is neither script nor
capital—it is uniquely the Weierstrass elliptic function symbol
derived from a calligraphic /lowercase/ p, ...” However the Unicode
people have recently discovered that they are allowed to introduce
official informative aliases for their characters and they have now
done this for U+2118. The official alias is: Weierstrass elliptic
function.