Re: Dead Firewall!

Author: Eric Shubert
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Dead Firewall!
Yes, bring them if you can. Monitors are sometimes hard to come by.
Please let us know when you'll be there for sure, then I'll bring a
spare CD drive or 2 and ribbons etc to do the install. I have an IPCop
1.4.18 disc as well. 1.4.20 is the newest disc (they didn't cut a disc
for 1.4.21 IIRC).

farli wrote:
> It is an old Pentium 200 MMX box with no usb access ;)
>
> If I get a chance to bring it to the installfest, should i bring a
> monitor and kb too?
>
> Lisa Kachold wrote:
>> I have an external CDROM, but it's not going to work with boot
>> installation software.
>>
>> If someone can boot into a Knoppix floppy and hand dd the source over?
>>
>> Do you have a BIOS that will allow a USB boot?
>>
>> www.Obnosis.com | http://wiki.obnosis.com | http://hackfest.obnosis.com
>> | http://nuke.obnosis.com (503)754-4452
>> PLUG HACKFESTS - http://uat.edu Second Saturday of Each Month Noon - 3PM

>> > Subject: Re: Dead Firewall!
>> > Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:05:54 -0700

>> like

>> > I think we could get it going with IPCop if you bring it to the
>> > InstallFest next Saturday. I have a spare drive that can be used for the
>> > install. Please acknowledge if this is what you'd like to do, and we'll
>> > be sure to have everything needed.
>> >
>> > --
>> > -Eric 'shubes'

>> Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.
>> <http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208

-Eric 'shubes'