Re: GrandCentral via Asterisk

Author: Joe Fleming
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: GrandCentral via Asterisk
James Finstrom wrote:
> My inbound calls are
> automaticly screened through public databases for undesired callers
> like telemarketers etc and said folks are transfered to a robot that
> sounds like a senile old man.

That's hilarious! Does it record the conversation too? And do you have a
tutorial? I'd love to set something like that up!

This discussion may just be motivation enough to set Asterisk back up. I
have a Grandstream Handytone-286 with a cordless phone hooked up to it.
I have an account with SIPPhone/Gizmo, a free 360 number from ipkall.com
and for $5/year I changed the caller-id for the SIPPhone line to match
my cell so people know it's me calling. I recently set up a free
incoming number in Italy through messagenet.it and now I have a need to
use both. Right now I'm just using the handytone for the Italian number
and my n800 with Gizmo running for my 360 number but it would be useful
and relatively to just set up Asterisk to do the heavy lifting and use
the Handytone to connect to Asterisk. Adding a call filter for the
random telemarketters I see on the 360 number would be fun.

-Joe