Re: OT: Pre-Paid Cell Phones

Author: Dale Farnsworth
To: plug-discuss
CC:
Subject: Re: OT: Pre-Paid Cell Phones
Nathan wrote:
> I am looking for a pre-paid cell phone rather than another contract.
>
> The three available in my area are
>
> Tracfone
>
> Net10
>
> Verizon InPulse
>
> Have any of you used any of these, what is your opinion of it? Please
> only these as that is all that is available in my area.

I use tracfone. Tracfone uses a variety of carriers, so you can't
predict coverage with any certainty. But I've been a very satisfied
customer for several years. My last payment was for 2 years of service
for about $150. That includes about 900 minutes that don't expire,
provided I maintain service. Extra minutes are 10 cents, under
their double-minute plan. Text messages (both incoming and outgoing)
deduct 1/3 minute.

-Dale