Re: KDE auto application setting?

+ (text/html)
Author: Ryan Rix
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: KDE auto application setting?
I doubt it would be in the digikam rc, since it's kde system wide setting...
porbably in ksyscoca, but I don't know how to play with that...

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Craig White <> wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 20:45 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> > A few days ago I again plugged in my SD card reader with a card from
> > my camera. KDE, as always, popped up the box asking what to do with
> > it. I chose to open it with digiKam, as usual. But this time I
> > clicked the "Always do this..." option. I thought that would be
> > great.
> >
> > It's not.
> >
> > Now every USB storage device, drive or music player I plug in brings up
> digiKam.
> >
> > I'm running Kubuntu with KDE 3.5. I have opened System Settings -->
> > General tab --> Notifications --> Storage Media Notifications -->
> > Notifications tab --> Medium types list I have found the following
> > media types and toggled the Auto Action on digiKam to off, clicking
> > Apply after each setting change:
> >
> > Unmounted Removable Medium
> > Unmounted Camera
> > Mounted Camera
> > Camera
> >
> > Then I close the System Settings application. Then I plug in my USB
> > stick and digiKam starts up again. And I go back in the System
> > Settings --> blah, blah, blah and the Auto Action is all SET on
> > digiKam again.
> >
> > So, the GUI doesn't work. Any thoughts on where to go find the rouge
> > setting and remove it?
> ----
> don't know for sure but I would guess something like...
>
> grep digikam ~/.kde/share/config/*
>
> should list the file with the setting (but probably list more than 1
> file)
>
> Craig

Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix
TamsPalm - The PalmOS Blog

Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.