Re: OT: remember

+ (text/html)
Author: Charles Jones
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: remember
Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 18:53 -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
>
>> Craig White wrote:
>>
>>> there are documented moments when such acts (killing innocent American
>>> civilians on American soil) were actually contemplated by members of our
>>> own government...
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
>>>

>> The Northwoods "plan", while indeed ludicrous, was purely deception. It
>> involved NO KILLING WHATSOEVER. This elaborate play is a far cry from
>> outright killing thousands of people, destroying buildings, and somehow
>> involving and coordinating thousands of others in a plot and
>> successfully keeping it secret.
>>
>> Was this plan rediculous? Yes. Did it involve killing innocent people,
>> or even enemies? No. Could 9-11 be just a more "hardcore" version of
>> this plan? Anything is possible, but I have a hard time believing that
>> the govt would be capable of pulling off such an complex plan, involving
>> so many people.
>>
> ----
> the second sentence in the link above says otherwise...perhaps you need
> to fix the wikipedia entry since you obviously know more.

It does indeed: "The plan called for CIA
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Intelligence_Agency> or other
operatives to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S.
cities to create public support for a war against Castro
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidel_Castro>-led Cuba
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba>.". Consider that sentence was
written by the person who made the article, so there is no need to take
that sentence as evidence of what the plan was. The /actual plan/,
(which is an actual document, and not just some offhand statement made
by someone on the internet), clearly depicts using deception but no
actual killing. :P