Re: OT - Have you seen this ad?

+ (text/html)
Author: Carlos Macedo Gomes
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT - Have you seen this ad?
NPR's Talk of the Nation had this as a topic last week:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/talk/2008/08/car_vs_cyclist_1.html

I work at Intel in Chandler and ride to work when I can (both motorcycle and
bicycle). The benefits, for me at least, mentally and physically outway the
risks. I've only had one incident where a pickup loaded with goofballs
decided to blare their horn at my as they passed. This was the section of
48St just north of Guadalupe where's there more than enough room for
everyone so I'm sure they were just looking to cause problems. That said,
I've known cyclists (moto and bi) that also look for trouble so it's not
just motorists.

I do hope folks and communities figure out a way to share...

ymmv,
C.G.

--

Carlos Macedo Gomes