Re: OT - Have you seen this ad?

+ (text/html)
Author: Eric Cope
To: iscreamkid, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT - Have you seen this ad?
This has been one hell of a flame war!
Regarding biking to work, this keeps me on the side walk regardless of Tempe
laws. If a car is going to kill me, they need to jump the curb first. Riding
a bike in this town requires you to assume every single car on the road is
actively trying to kill you. A rule I ride by is "laws of physics always
trump right of way"

On a side note, in the Netherlands, if a driver hits a bicyclist, regardless
of reason, the driver is 100% at fault. A bicyclist could wait for a car to
come down a road, then throw themselves in front of the car, and the car is
(criminally) at fault.

Eric